Thursday, 12 June 2014

Day Eight

28/5/14

Took a two patient load myself today, including planning, medications, cares and notes writing. Certainly a big step up from the last years experience. Prepped and administered a round of medications (under supervision) including another subcut injection weeee!
First time removing a catheter today, which I can tell you is much easier and more comfortable for all involved than insertion. Also did a couple of surgical wound cleanings and dressing changes, no drama.
Removed another cannula, this one deciding not to bleed til the patient bent her arm five minutes later. And then it gushed, all over the floor in fact. (I may be exaggerating slightly). But been there and done that all before so no stress there either.
If it sounds like quiet a relaxing shift, I can tell you it was flat out. Funnily enough though its always hard to remember what you've been running around doing for the last eight hours. Time flies

No comments:

Post a Comment